Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What's Happening on the HippieP Blog!!!

I wanted to give all you cool cats a rundown of what we have planned for the blog.  We have a lot of exciting stuff going on, and I am super excited to tell you about it!

First, we have made some changes to the pages.  Some disappeared, but we created some new ones!  The first one, and only one so far, is a page of recipes!  If you have a recipe you would like featured, please send it to hippiepeaceniks@gmail.com.  Include your link to your Etsy shop if you have one so I can include it with your recipe.

We have also set up a series of events for each day of the week!  Here is what you should be looking for:

Monday - This is Member Monday!  Lulu Divine writes up fabulous shop features of the talented artisans on the HippieP team.  I have really enjoyed reading them.  I love the feeling of knowing the person you are purchasing from.

Tuesday - This is Themed Blog Share Day.  We will give our team members a theme and whoever wants to participate can write about it on their blog.  We will then share a link to their blog and include a short blurb about the post.  I can't wait to see this!!  I am excited to link our member's blogs with ours.

Wednesday - Guest Blog Day.  This is the day that we will post an article written by one of our very own hippies.  They will be able to say what they want.  This is a censorship free zone.  I can't wait to read what is on our hippies minds.

Thursday - Thrifty Thursday!  I will be compiling a list of all sales that team members have going on.  There will be links to their shops and blurbs about them and their shops.  If you are looking for a deal you are going to want to check out our Thursday posts!

Friday - Recipes!  We will be posting recipes given to us by our hippies.  They will be posted in the main thread, and in the side page.  It is the perfect way to answer that question we all ask ourselves every day...  "What's for dinner?".

Saturday - Ask Luci.  This is an opportunity to ask questions about accounting, taxes, SEO, crochet, knitting, and eco friendly craft supplies and projects.  I worked as an accountant for a small search company for several years.  I know all about accounting best practices, taxes, SEO (working for a search company came in handy!), ecommerce (worked that for a mid sized company for about a year), and have been knitting, crocheting, and upcycling since I was 9.  For those of you trying to do algebra to figure out how old I am, I am 36.  lol  I have been crafting for 27 years.  I have managed to learn a thing or two in that time.  lol  So if you have a question, email askhippiepluci@gmail.com.

Sunday - Current Events Opinion Article.  This is where I sound off on what is pissing me off.  lol  It largely will center around politics, the economy, and the environment.  I will try to keep it funny, but let's face it, we have some serious problems!  The hippie life isn't all peace and love.  I mean, there is that, but we are also activists.  We openly oppose things that hurt people.  As far as I am concerned, sounding off on the things that are going wrong is totally in the hippie style.  I hope that you agree.

Well that is it!  You know what to expect and when to expect it!  Follow us for updates on our latest posts!

Much love to you all and (((HIPPIE HUGS)))

Luci

No comments:

Post a Comment