Monday, March 18, 2013

Member Monday; Meet Jennifer Price!

Name: Jennifer Price

 

You can find her here: Etsy, Wanelo, Kaboodle, Twitter, Facebook, Blog

 

If she was trapped on an Island, she would need: Family, Music, Knitting Needles & tons of yarn, camera, a guitar.

 

Family Life: I live in Macungie, PA with my wonderful husband, my darling daughter, my pup Zipper and my cat Sophie. My husband and I have been married for 10 years and we are happily facing each day and enjoying each moment of these wonderful years. They go so fast!

 

 

Finding Etsy

I first learned about Etsy through friends on Facebook. I was creating handmade skirts and my friends kept telling me to sell on Etsy! I admit I put it off for a while because of the unknown, but I am SO glad I did join and I have been selling for over a year and a half now! My shop name is simply my own name but abbreviated..I just wanted to keep it simple and allow it to be flexible because I not only sell handmade items, but I also sell vintage items. I have been selling vintage items for a LONG time. I owned two consignment shops in my earlier years. They were sweet boutiques and I really loved interacting with people and finding special treasures. It is quite different selling on line, but I have met so many wonderful people and it gives me the flexibility to stay home and be available for my family! I began learning about vintage items at a very early age. My Dad was infamous for going to flea markets and garage sales and he has taught me everything I know. My Mom was always sewing something and after my daughter was born I decided to look into sewing myself. I took a quilting class and have been hooked ever since!

Motivation and Creation

 Staying motivated can be challenge sometimes. However, I sincerely love what I do. I look forward to listing and creating and all the other fun aspects that come with this job. I look forward to see how my shop does every month. This shop has built my self confidence and has given me purpose for every day. I like to work inside in my little "studio". I have fabrics and vintage items and post its everywhere. My record player (that I found for free on the side of the road) is at my side and plays my favorite tunes. Often my family will hear John Denver or the The Who playing while I put together my patchwork or while I am snapping pictures. I am fortunate enough to have a finished attic all to myself, so it is like my own "woman cave". You know in an organized chaos kind of way!

Etsy Community

My favorite part about the Etsy community is that I have been able to learn so much and I find myself not only socializing with fellow team members or shoppers, but I find that I sincerely care and have concern about them, their shops and what goes on with their lives. I think that Etsy not only brings a great online shopping experience, but it brings art and creativity and it allows each individual to express themselves through their shops and others can purchase a part of that experience. It is unique and that is what makes it so special!

A few of her favorite things

 

 Vintage Holly Hobbie Plate, 1972

 Women's Patchwork Drawstring Skirt

 

Thanks so much for stopping by to meet another of our fabulous members of the Hippie Peaceniks Team on Etsy! One of the other things I've been working on with them is the Hippie Hearts Pay it Forward board, we're trying to give back to those shop owners who give to us whether it be with their friendly advice, a shoulder to lean on, or promoting our items like they would their own. I'd love it if you'd come show all of the nominees some love! Hope everyone starts their Monday out with a smile and a warm heart. Make it a great week!

XO,

Lulu Divine of Divine Lulu Creations

 

4 comments:

  1. You look so cute, Jennifer, and your shop is bright and neat !!
    Great post, enjoyed reading and get to know you a bit.
    Great job, Lulu ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Lulu and Jennifer!!! I really enjoyed reading your responses Jennifer and love your approach! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for participating Jennifer, it was SO much fun learning more about you! I adore that patchwork skirt! Thanks for reading/commenting Margalit and Luci! Isn't Jennifer's shop great? I just adore her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer! you look so bright eyed, colorful and happy! what a beautiful picture! and what a beautiful person, inside and out! thank you for letting us get to know you and it's so easy to see what an AB-FAB wonderful addition you are to our group of Hippie Peeps and to our fantastic and fun group leadership!

    ReplyDelete