Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Member Monday Group Share; Hippie Newsprint goodies

Happy Hump Day Hippies! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! This week's theme was all about Black and White. There's something so classical and chic about a great black or white piece, so when you find both - it really can become a staple piece in your wardrobe or home decor. Especially since both colors go so well with everything! Here are a few of the Hippie Peaceniks favorite black and white items. I hope you enjoy hearing a little back story about the items and enjoy the collection!





Deana from GroovyGreenGlass



" My fave B&W item is this pendant made from a Grey Goose bottle. The geese flying over the mountain is just so.... freeing!"




Fiona from TheHappyMushroom 



Mens pendant necklace, black and white, hypnos spiral

 

"This black and white pendant looks like it could be used to hypnotize someone! It is pretty funky and I can see a young guy wearing it, maybe to a rave or a festival or just out and about. It incorporates a clear glass 'nugget' with the big spiral underneath which kind of acts like a lens, really bringing out and showing the pattern. I love spirals and when I make a spiral cane, especially in strong contrasting colors, I am inspired to stick it on everything!"

 

 

 

Alison from BeadsByAlison



White hemp necklace, black beads

 

" This is my fav black and white. I imagine someone who loves nature and being clean and organic, as I do, will purchase this item. I was inspired to make this by my creative pull."

 

 

 

Dawn from AbundantEarthWorks  

 

 


Agate Druzy 999 Fine Silver Pendant

 

"This is my absolute favorite black and white pendant because it features Druzy an amazing natural formation of a blanket of tiny crystals which sparkle and reflect light from every direction. This stone is especially good for calming and increasing courage, so I envision this pendant being worn by someone who has stress in their life and needs a little relaxation, grounding and optimism."

 

 

 

Lisa from ArtisticFunk  

 


Even Taller Boot Cuff Socks , Slouchy Socks 

 

 

" I was inspired by an intangible bohemian rhapsody spirit I've been searching for to infuse all my accessories; once I did the trim and dangles for the socks I saw I had IT!!! ? I imagine it being purchased by peeps looking for a fresh interpretation of funk that can be seen and make 'em stand out in a crowd!"

 

 

 

Deni from Cutterstone  

 

Black Flower Necklace with Clear Rhinestones

 

 

"Love this vintage necklace! Great retro piece! This would be a fabulous wedding or formal piece."

 

 

 

Jill from WhisperingMetalworks 

 

 


Wind chime with re purposed vintage silver plated flatware

 

 "This wind chime is black, bold, and beautiful. It's Black Labradorite black and white colored stone beads make for an unusual appearance. Anyone that enjoys the mystery of a garden would appreciate this piece! It was inspired by our love of re-purposing, and the popularity of tea pots as garden art."

 

 

 

Kathy from UneekSouthpaw  

 

Keepsake doll, Americana

 

"Always thought that the usual colors for rag dolls were boring. So I made this for the person with the unusual taste"

 

 

 

Aren't they all fantastic? You can find more of the amazing black and white styles of the Hippie Peaceniks in this week's member treasury, just click right HERE.

Here's a sneak peek at what you'll find :) 

  As always, I hope your week is wonderful and you have plenty of smiles and happy days the rest of the week! Take care, and share the love! If we keep our little part of the world happy and tidy, it adds up to some pretty great things! 

On a personal note - My 10 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow and I plan on having a sale in my shop until Friday. You can find the link to my shop below, and the 50% coupon to  use at checkout is BIGTEN

Smiles and lots of love,

Lulu from DivineLuluCreations 

 

 

2 comments: