Monday, April 8, 2013

Member Monday: Meet Kendra from CopperTreeArt!

About Kendra

 "I live in San Diego, CA and am married with a dog and two cats.  I'm very fortunate to have my dream job of training dolphins.  I have always loved creating things and one day decided to sign up for a metalsmith jewelry class.  Several years later, I'm still taking classes on my days off from work and decided to create my etsy shop since my jewelry box was over flowing!"


 

Motivation

  "I make jewelry as a hobby and passion. I do it because I love it.  I make jewelry when I'm in a creative mood and try not to pressure myself to make jewelry unless I'm in the mood to.  I've found that's when I do my best work!"





 Inspiration and Creative Flow


"I love bohemian inspired pieces.  I like jewelry that looks distressed, worn and loved and I try to incorporate is is my pieces.

I have set up a little studio in my garage.  I love to turn on music and let the creative juices flow!  It is a great way to unwind after a long day!"




Exciting Milestones


"I can't wait to reach my 100th sale.  I started my shop a little over a year and a half ago.  A first I was excited for my first sale, then reaching 50 sales, and now I'm close to my 100th sale mark.  It is very exciting and rewarding to know people enjoy wearing my jewelry as much as I do!"


Favorite Creations


"My chunky distressed silver bangle is my favorite listing in my shop now. I have made myself one and wear it almost every day.  I sometimes wear it alone or stacked with other bracelets.  It has a great weight to it and goes with everything."






You can find Kendra's Beautiful shop and more of her creations in her Etsy store, HERE. And I hope you stop by and "like" her on Facebook, it's a great way to see the new products as soon as they come out! You can also find her pinning away on Pinterest, she'd love for you to follow along! 

I hope you enjoyed learning a bit about Kendra, I know I did! I absolutely love her beautiful pieces, they're so unique and have such a great character about them, and there's truly something for everyone! And how cool is it that she trains dolphins?! Thanks for sharing the behind the scenes view, Kendra! It was lovely to put a face and back story to your gorgeous shop! Goodness, the Hippie Peaceniks sure are a fun and talented bunch, be sure to check back every Monday for another wonderful look at the artist behind the art! Until then, smile and pass it on! 

XO,

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your shop and am BLOWN AWAY by your uber-exciting job! I love your approach to creativity AND the results! your Etsy Shop is GORGEOUS. GREAT getting to know you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kendra, sounds like an awesome life! A friend of mine's cousin is trainer at Sea World in FL, loves it from what I've heard. And I LOVE YOUR SHOP!! The ring featured here, there's one of my own goals, learn enough lapidary to create it! I know there's LOTS involved in making that, my dad used to take me to his lapidary classes when I was a kid.

    I really enjoy your distinct style and the patinas you use, too! I wish you the BEST with your Etsy shop ...and of course, your dolphins!

    Lisa from Chakra Mojo

    ReplyDelete